Saturday, August 25, 2012

Losing weight sucks

I have gained a lot of weight since the end of 2007. I had a baby in 2008, gaining over 50 pounds in that nine months. I slowly began to shed the weight and was down to 140 pounds at the end of 2010. Then I left my physically and mentally demanding job in retail pharmacy for a low-key position in a V.A. mail order pharmacy.

The job is nice -- not screaming customers, no telephones, no puking kids, no telephones, no insurance hassels, no telephones, no drive throughs, and did I mention no telephones? I work four days a week from 3 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Depending on where I am in the building on a given day, the physical exertion is minimal. Plus I get three breaks a night, two of which are on the clock. Sounds nice, right?

Wrong. It means I am not moving around as much as I need to be, it means I am eating later in the evening and night, it means I am exhausted at the end of the night, and it means I want to do nothing other than sleep during the day. I went from 139 pounds when I started to 176 pounds at my heaviest.

I began to partner with some co-workers on a plan to lose the pounds and get healthier.

Instead of blogging about my weightloss trek here, I started a seperate blog. Please follow along with me on this journey at http://www.planetfitnesschicks.blogspot.com/

No comments: